Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just invented these on a whim because my non-vegetarian husband loved the "Tofu Nut Balls" recipe here, but I was out of the ingredients. This is a bit more like traditional meatballs. I don't work for Boca, but in a small town vegetarian choices are limited to what the Walmart will stock. They even held up to a short simmer in spaghetti sauce once baked. We both loved them! I even saved a few to add to a savory herb gravy for a po-boy. Mmmm...
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 4 ounces veggie crumbles (such as 1/3 of a package of Boca)
- 1 imitation Italian sausage (such as Boca)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 eggs
- cooking oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place imitation hamburger and imitation sausage in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Remove "meat" to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Form into 16 "meatballs" and place onto oiled cookie sheet.
- Spray or brush with cooking oil and place in oven.
- Bake until lightly browned approximately 20-30 minutes.