Recipe by mmmm_gin
Excellent meatless meat sauce recipe. I prefer Smart Ground, but you can use whatever brand you want. I add a little hot sauce when I make it.
- 1 package smart vegetarian ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup fine chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (DRAINED)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- oregano, basil, black pepper, and crushed red peppers to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the onion until tender.
- Add crumbled beef substitute and stir in the garlic.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and bell peppers.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
- Add remaining seasonings to taste and serve over rice or pasta.