1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Manchow Soup
nisha bethala's Note:
This is a Chinese-style soup popular in Indian Chinese cuisine due to its ease of preparation and hot spicy taste. The soup uses a spicy (CCC) paste that adds lot of flavor to the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons French beans (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons carrots (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons baby corn (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red capsicums (finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs spring onions (for garnishing)
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ajinomoto (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 pinch orange red food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 2 cups water
Chinese chili chutney paste CCC (use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1In a bowl take 1/2 cup water, add 3 tsp cornflour, add vinegar, soy sauce, ajinomoto (if using), tomato sauce, salt, white pepper and orange red colour (if using). Keep aside.
- 2Heat oil in a wok(pan) and saute all the vegetables( except spring onion) for a minute or two. Add CCC paste. When aroma arises, add 2 cups of water. When the water starts boiling, add the cornstarch slowly and stir continuously till it thickens. Garnish with spring onions.
- 3CCC paste (makes about 1/2 cup):.
- 4Ingredients: 20-25 dried red chillies,1 pot garlic, 1 onion(small), tamarind-1 small marble size.
- 6Soak dried red chillies in hot boiled water for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove the chillies, mix the remaining ingredients and grind to a fine paste. (Can be refrigerated for use up to 15 days).
- 8(Note: For the CCC paste, I do not soak the red chillies in boiled water and grind everything as is to save time).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Manchow Soup
Serving Size: 1 (885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: