Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to make summer-time snack that can be prepared the previous night and packed for lunch. Kids love it for its mild taste and texture. It looks so tempting in the picture. This recipe was submitted by Rajani Sankaran in the Thursday magazine dated September 5-11, 2002.
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, grated
- 6 green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 12 fresh bread, slices
- 100 g butter
- 3 cups fresh low-fat plain yogurt (curd)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Grind coconut, green chillies, salt and mint leaves in a mixer.
- Butter one slice of bread generously.
- Spread the ground green chutney over it evenly.
- Cover it with another slice of bread.
- Trim the edges of the bread.
- Cut it into triangle shape.
- Prepare about 6 sets of bread (12 slices= 6 sandwiches) in the same way.
- Arrange them evenly in a deep bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and yogurt.
- Pour it over the bread.
- Garnish with red chilli powder (to taste) and cilantro (chopped finely).
- Optionally, decorate with sev (either home-made or bought readymade from the market).
- Refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Serve chilled.