Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is adapted from one in the Joslin Diabetes Center Cook Book. The vegetarian "chicken" broth mix is available from Whole Foods Market and some health stores.
- 6 ounces Chinese egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 7 ounces firm tofu, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry the tofu cubes, set aside.
- Cook the Chinese egg noodles according to package directions, but add the snow peas about one minute before the cooking time is done.
- Drain the noodles and snow peas, toss with the sesame oil and keep warm.
- Heat the wok, add oil and add onion, bok choy, carrot and mushroom; and stir fry for a few minutes until hot.
- Add chicken broth, oyster-flavored sauce and soy sauce.
- Add noodles and snow peas, and stir-fry until heated through.
- Add bean sprouts, and and tofu cubes and stir-fry until heated.
- Makes 2 large servings.