Recipe by lynnski / LA
This recipe is adapted from one in the Joslin Diabetes Center Cook Book. The vegetarian "chicken" broth mix is available from Whole Foods Market and some health stores.
- 6 ounces Chinese egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 7 ounces firm tofu, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry the tofu cubes, set aside.
- Cook the Chinese egg noodles according to package directions, but add the snow peas about one minute before the cooking time is done.
- Drain the noodles and snow peas, toss with the sesame oil and keep warm.
- Heat the wok, add oil and add onion, bok choy, carrot and mushroom; and stir fry for a few minutes until hot.
- Add chicken broth, oyster-flavored sauce and soy sauce.
- Add noodles and snow peas, and stir-fry until heated through.
- Add bean sprouts, and and tofu cubes and stir-fry until heated.
- Makes 2 large servings.