Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Vegetarian sausage links can be bought at many supermarkets, experiment with the different brands and choose your favorite for this delicious gravy. If you would like a thicker gravy dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 1 tablespoon warm water and mix into the gravy just before bringing it to a boil.
- 6 links vegetarian sausages
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- Place the vegetarian link or patties and 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan, fry the links until done.
- Break the links into small pieces.
- Add the remaining oil and flour to a small pot.
- Mix the flour with the oil over medium low heat until a roux is formed.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth, mixing well.
- Add the salt, pepper, sage and cooked sausage pieces.
- Bring mixture to a boil.