Recipe by Dancer^
Vegetarian sausage links can be bought at many supermarkets, experiment with the different brands and choose your favorite for this delicious gravy. If you would like a thicker gravy dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 1 tablespoon warm water and mix into the gravy just before bringing it to a boil.
- 6 links vegetarian sausages
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vegetarian link or patties and 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan, fry the links until done.
- Break the links into small pieces.
- Add the remaining oil and flour to a small pot.
- Mix the flour with the oil over medium low heat until a roux is formed.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth, mixing well.
- Add the salt, pepper, sage and cooked sausage pieces.
- Bring mixture to a boil.