Recipe by sofie-a-toast
Adapted From Pioneer Woman! for great photo instructions: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/02/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/
Top Review by alvinakatz
This is an easy recipe, that is full of protein and flavor. For those who dislike or are afraid of tofu, it doesn't taste at all like most tofu dishes. The balsamic works nicely with the soy for a complete flavor.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce leaf, leaves separated, stiff white ends torn off
- 1 avocado, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in the tofu, then break it up into very small pieces. Cook tofu for several minutes, until much of the liquid cooks off and tofu starts to turn golden.
- Cut kernels off the cobs of corn and throw it in with the tofu. Cook for a few minutes (corn can remain crunchy.).
- Add garlic, chili powder and soy sauce, then cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in balsamic.
- Pile mixture into romaine hearts, then add sliced avocado. Fold up and chow down!