Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and easy to make - this soup contains lentils, tomatoes, green peppers, onions and garlic in a vegetable broth. This soup is big on taste and easy on the wallet. It's also a great beginner's cook recipe (this was my first time cooking with lentils, and it turned out yummy). NOTE: This is a vegetarian variation on the "Lentil Soup" Lentil Soup by Charlotte J on this website (link: http://www.recipezaar.com/15965).
- 1 (32 ounce) boxorganic vegetable broth, by nature's promise
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced peeled tomatoes, in sauce
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- Add the diced tomatoes (with sauce), chopped onion, chopped green pepper, and minced garlic to the vegetable broth in a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then add the lentils.
- Simmer until lentils are done (about 15 - 20 minutes). Enjoy!
- Note: if this is your first time cooking with lentils, make sure you rinse them and check them before adding them to the pot (I found a small pebble while sorting through mine once).