Vegetarian Lentil Comfort Soup
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med heat, add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute' till vegetables begin to brown. About 15 minutes.
- Add broth and lentils and tomatoes with juice and let simmer until lentils are cooked and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Longer cooking does not really make a difference.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve with celery leaf garnish. and a bit of balsmaic vinegar if you wish.
- I find this easy on the tummy and good on a chilly night.