Recipe by wife2abadge
Miracle -- my two kids, my husband, and I all like this! It makes quite a bit - we had it for at least three dinners.
- 4 (1644.27 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (850.48 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 340.19 g packagefrozen chopped green peppers
- 340.19 g package frozen chopped onions
- 473.18 ml dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 709.77 ml water
- 0.59 ml black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine undrained tomatoes, rinsed and drained beans, 3 cups water, green peppers, onions, dry lentils, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1/8 tsp black pepper; heat through.
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.