Recipe by Corrinne J
This is great for the holidays for Vegetarians! The goat cheese adds a wonderful unique layer of flavor!
- 2 small summer squash
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (5 1/3 ounce) packageof chavrie fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pitted olive
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles (ready to use)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the eggplant and squash lengthwise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Lay the strips out on baking sheet pan and salt generously. Set aside.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch strips.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the Chavrie®, olives, thyme, and eggs together in a bowl and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly wipe excess salt and moisture from eggplant and squash with paper towel.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce into the bottom of an 8x11-inch baking dish. Begin layering, remembering to season with pepper between each layer. Start with the eggplant and then summer squash , peppers and pasta.
- Spread sauce evenly over pasta.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the cheese mixture over the sauce cover.
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant, squash, goat cheese, and sauce.
- Sprinkle top layer with Parmesan and bake, covered, for 30 minutes, then uncover. Continue baking until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes more.
- Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before slicing.