Recipe by pixieglenn
I created this recipe to get my kids to eat more vegetables and so we could have a great vegetarian lasagna that was not store bought. It's a little labor intensive so I usually make three at a time and freeze two. It's not that much work to make more, and then I have a meal I can take out of the freezer and pop in the oven! If you only want to make one then divide the recipe into thirds. It's about 6 servings per pan.
Top Review by TattooedMamaof2
This is pretty good! I needed to make some changes... I used a full 32oz container of plain Greek yogurt, it was too dry with only half of it. I also didn't use any yellow squash, just the abundance of zucchini coming from my garden! Next time, I'll have to buy some extra mozzarella cheese for the top, it ended up very tough and crunchy with just the sauce.
- 27 lasagna noodles
- 36 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces 0% fage greek plain yogurt
- 2 red bell peppers (either fresh or canned)
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 12 ounces parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- garlic (to your taste, we like lots so we add lots!)
- 12 zucchini
- 6 yellow squash
- 3 carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the Lasagna noodles to boil in a large pot.
- Put the Greek yogurt, bell peppers, and spinach in a blender and blend until it fairly smooth.
- In a bowl mix the Parmesan, Greek Yogurt mix, mozzarella, and garlic.
- Shred very finely all the zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. Mushrooms would be a good addition too, but I hate mushrooms so didn't add any in mine.
- Drain the noodles, and put out three 9x13 pans. I use the tin ones so I can freeze them and then put them in the oven.
- Lay down one layer of three lasagna noodles in each pan. Place a layer of Spaghetti sauce over the top. Then a layer of the vegetable, then a layer of the white cheeses. Repeat.
- Put the rest of the spaghetti sauce on the top of the last layer of noodles. Cover with tin foil and lable. Freeze.
- When you are ready to bake, heat the oven up to 375 and bake for 60 to 75 minutes.