Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love veggie lasagna and this is a quick, easy one that tastes great. You can of course make this the really fattening way with regular milk, cheeses, and sour cream.
- 5 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (may use more if desired)
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese or 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen california-blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Rotel diced tomatoes
- Break the noodles in half widthwise; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sauce mix, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- In an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer 1/2 cup sauce, 2 noodle pieces, 1/4 cup ricotta or cottage cheese, 1/4 cup vegetables, and about 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese topping.
- Repeat layers 3 times.
- Top with remaining noodle pieces, sour cream, 1/2 cup sauce, tomato and remaining Parmesan cheese topping.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Reheat remaining sauce; serve with lasagna.
The recipe itself is not bad. But making it in a loaf pan is a great idea. I'm usually cooking for two, so making a big pan of lasagna means eating it for days. This way I can make a manageable amount for dinner and freeze the rest in loaf pans for later. I just turn out the frozen lasagna brick, wrap it in freezer paper and keep it on hand for lazy nights. Thanks!
I am not a Premium member so I could not email you, but, I was wondering if we are allowed to change anything on our recipes once we have posted them. I found your recipe by doing a search for Lazagna, I found out that I am spelling it wrong - it should be lasagna - I think people are not able to find this great recipe because they are better spellers than I am.