1/3 Photos of Vegetarian Lasagna
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Healthy and reduced carb, great for diabetics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 globe eggplant, sliced thin (may sprinkle with salt, allow to sit for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry, if desired)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add onions, cooking until translucent.
- 2Add red pepper, fennel, basil, oregano, garlic, tomato sauce and Splenda, stirring well.
- 3Simmer sauce over low heat, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5In a small bowl, mix egg together with ricotta cheese and parmesan until smooth; set aside.
- 6Slice eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms.
- 7Spread approx 1/3 of the sauce mixture evenly into the bottom of a large rectangular casserole dish or lasagna pan.
- 8Add eggplant slices in an even layer.
- 9Top eggplant with the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with sliced mushrooms, then add another third of the sauce.
- 11Sprinkle with 8 ounces of the mozzarella cheese.
- 12Layer the sliced zucchini evenly over the cheese.
- 13Pat mixture down.
- 14Add the remaining sauce, the remaining 8 ounces mozzarella, and the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- 15Pat mixture down again.
- 16Cover pan with foil and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- 17Remove foil from pan and bake for 30-40 minutes more, or until cheese is golden and vegetables are tender.
- 18Allow to sit undisturbed for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 751.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: