Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great alternative to tomato-based lasagna. This creamy vegetarian lasagna is a tasty treat all will enjoy.
- 1 lb fresh lasagna sheet
- 1 stalk leek
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 onion (chop)
- 1 carrot (Shredded)
- 3 ounces mushrooms (slice)
- 3 cups light cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- italian seasoning
- In a sauce pot melt the butter and sauté the (vegetables ingredients from Butter and below only)until softened.
- Add cream and watch it does not boil over.
- Add cheese and spices until melted.
- once melted put in blender and lightly blend.
- Keep sauce warm.
- Heat olive oil and combine all vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, pepper, leeks) and fry until softened.
- Add parsley and spinach until just lightly soft and then add ricotta.
- Add the sauce (not all, but enough to your liking) and blend.
- In a lasagna pan add a little sauce to bottom and start to stack lasagna with veggie sauce mixture with each layer. Also now add cheddar and mozzarella alternate until all pasta is finished top with the mixture and cheese and a little more sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 and cover lasagna bake for 20 minutes and uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- If your time is short you can substitute making the sauce with your favorite primavera packaged sauce mix.
I loved this vegetarian lasagna. Not a huge fan of regular lasagna and really enjoyed the veges and white sauce in this one. Thanks for the recipe
This is a great tasting and enjoyable way to have lasagna. the only thing is there is alot of cheese for the cheese lover its perfect. it is very good