Recipe by Jenipurr
This lasagna is quick and delicious. The whole wheat noodles stay firm when cooked (unlike regular noodles, which can get mushy), and the entire thing freezes and reheats wonderfully.
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles (1 small box)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small zucchini, minced fine
- 1 small yellow squash, minced fine
- 6 fresh mushrooms, minced fine
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 16 ounces low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix zucchini, squash, mushrooms, garlic, cheeses and seasonings in large bowl.
- Put four (uncooked) noodles in bottom of lasagna pan. Top with one half cheese mixture, then four more noodles, then remaining half of cheese mixture. Place remaining noodles on top.
- Pour sauce over top of lasagna, making sure to cover noodles completely. Using a spatula, lift corners of lasagna slightly to allow sauce to filter down to bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parmasan cheese and let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.