Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 9 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichokes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley, crushed
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to the package directions; drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Quarter artichokes lengthwise; drain well.
- In a large skillet, cook shallots and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add in asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and peas; cook/stir for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat; stir in the flour until smooth.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes mor or until mixture begins to brown.
- Stir in milk; add in basil, parsley, and bay leaves.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Stir in vegetable mixture, artichokes, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Arrange 3 noodles in a greased 3-quart rectangular casserole dish.
- Spoon one-third of the vegetable mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.