Recipe by nfairbourne
You won't miss the meat in this yummy lasagna!
Top Review by jueriya
THE BEST LASAGNA I'VE EVER HAD!!but i would change a couple of things...first i would NOT any eggplant!! i ruined the lasagna for me. second ADD AS MUCH CHEESE AS U WANT!!! and a tip MKAE SURE ALL INGREDIENTS ARE DRY!!!!! or else the water will collect at the bottom of the lasgna and it will take MUCH longer too cook! i would also add some spinach to replace the eggplants with. and when cooking, cook the lasagna for as long as YOU like because when the recipe said that it was done, my cheese didnt even completly melt on the lasagna! and P.S dont forget to add ur own twist to the recipe it makes it better, trust! but other than that it was AMAZING!!! i gave some to my neigbors and they were begging me for the recipe!! =) -BTW srry for any grammatical errors im only a 14 yr old girl who loves to cook =)
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lbs cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 10 ounces cooked lasagna noodles
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil. Add tomatoes 1 1/2 t salt, basil, garlic and simmer on low.
- Meanwhile boil the noodles al dente.
- Mix eggs, 2 t salt 1 1/2 t pepper, parsley, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese.
- In a casserole dish layer noodles, cheese filling, sauce, mozzarella. Repeat.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes till bubbly.
- Let set for 10 or 15 minutes before serving.