Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I first had veggie lasagna when I was in hospital, and I just HAD to find a better recipe! Here it is.
- 1419.0 ml spaghetti sauce (your favorite homemade or jar spaghetti sauce)
- 118.29 ml grated carrot
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g container ricotta cheese
- 453.59 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced zucchini
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 709.77 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Mix carrots, oregano, and spaghetti sauce together.
- Mix Ricotta, spinach, and eggs together in separate bowl.
- Spread ½ cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, ½ remaining sauce, ½ Ricotta mixture, ½ sliced zucchini, ½ sliced mushrooms, ½ Mozzarella, and ½ Parmesan.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.
Wonderful Recipe. Used it for my daughter's baby shower and everyone wanted the recipe. Very tasty, and by using the lower fat ricotta and part skim mozzarella, calories were lowered. Next time I make it, I am adding more mushrooms!!
You always have such wonderful recipes! This was light and refreshing from the ho hum regular lasagna that I routinuely fix in my home. Thank you for sharing! WOW!
Great, great recipe! I did tweak the recipe every so slightly... nothing major just a few small changes in the steps. I added 1 small onion; chopped and 1 garlic; minced added both of these to the mushrooms, that I then browned first (any excess liquid from the mushrooms I drained first before adding as a layer). Also I used fresh lasagna noodles that you find in the refrigerator section in the grocery store's deli. I must mention that I did not cook the noodles first as there is a lot of liquid from the zucchini and sauces. Thanks Millie for sharing:)