Recipe by Mille®
I first had veggie lasagna when I was in hospital, and I just HAD to find a better recipe! Here it is.
Top Review by Pilgrim Lady
Wonderful Recipe. Used it for my daughter's baby shower and everyone wanted the recipe. Very tasty, and by using the lower fat ricotta and part skim mozzarella, calories were lowered. Next time I make it, I am adding more mushrooms!!
- 1 1⁄2 quarts spaghetti sauce (your favorite homemade or jar spaghetti sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix carrots, oregano, and spaghetti sauce together.
- Mix Ricotta, spinach, and eggs together in separate bowl.
- Spread ½ cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles, ½ remaining sauce, ½ Ricotta mixture, ½ sliced zucchini, ½ sliced mushrooms, ½ Mozzarella, and ½ Parmesan.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.