Top Review by Aunt Cookie
We loved this. It tastes really fresh, and it's not too much trouble to make. Definitely don't leave out the mint...it adds a lot to this. Next time I may add other fresh herbs to this, too...maybe cilantro and basil. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon roasted rice powder (may buy it already powdered or make your own by roasting Thai long grain sticky rice till brown and)
- chili pepper, as much as you like (I like a lot)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sesame oil.
- Sauté the crumbled tempeh. Turn off heat.
- Add soy sauce, lime, chilies, onion, rice powder and mint.
- Play with the proportions. I like mine more lime-y and hot than this but I start out this way.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and cucumber or eat like lettuce wraps or in Napa cabbage leaves.