Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon roasted rice powder (may buy it already powdered or make your own by roasting Thai long grain sticky rice till brown and)
- chili pepper, as much as you like (I like a lot)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- Heat the sesame oil.
- Sauté the crumbled tempeh. Turn off heat.
- Add soy sauce, lime, chilies, onion, rice powder and mint.
- Play with the proportions. I like mine more lime-y and hot than this but I start out this way.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and cucumber or eat like lettuce wraps or in Napa cabbage leaves.
We loved this. It tastes really fresh, and it's not too much trouble to make. Definitely don't leave out the mint...it adds a lot to this. Next time I may add other fresh herbs to this, too...maybe cilantro and basil. Thanks for sharing!