Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from "The Higher Taste" that I haven't tried yet. It sounds very delicious though. The homemade tomato sauce is also listed as a separate recipe.
- 2 cups cauliflower (grated)
- 2 cups cabbage (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups garbanzo bean flour or 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- oil (for deep frying) or ghee (for deep frying)
- Heat oil in a wok or 2-quart saucepan.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Roll 24 balls, 1" in diameter.
- Place as many balls in the oil as possible, leaving enough room for them to float comfortably; fry over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the kofta is rich golden brown.
- Drain in colander.
- Place the kofta in the tomato sauce (separate recipe posted or use your own) for 5 minutes before serving.
- If after sitting the kofta soaks up most of the sauce, add a little water to produce more liquid.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti.