Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From a vegetarian website.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 236.59 ml chopped green pepper
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml chopped fresh tomatoes
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml chili powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 88.74 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms in oil until tender; add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, water, rice, soy sauce, parsley, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and pepper.to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
I think this is a good recipe ..I myself like alot more spice but that you can add.I did not have green peppers so used red and must of cut my veg too small as in the cooking process they were gone but flavor still there..I will definitely use this again for my base jambalaya recipe