- 1 lb potato, sliced thickly
- 1 lb green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes only, drain, set aside.
- Boil green beans for 5 min, set aside.
- Slice zucchini thickly.Melt butter in large pot.
- Saute onion and garlic until onions begin to color. Add spices (with salt &pepper to taste) and saute for a few minutes.
- Add prepared vegetables, ginger, chilis, lemon juice & water. Stir thoroughly and simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the water is gone and vegetables are just tender.