Recipe by WhitneysWonders
Yummy veg hotwings. If you want them to be vegan, then you can use vegan margarine. They're amazing, and one of my favorite foods.
Top Review by michelle.glines
These are excellent and so easy to alter to taste. I admit, I have missed wings now that I am a vegetarian from time to time. Once I realized that all I was missing was the hot and spicy sauce, these Seitan wings were a welcome and delicious alternative. You can easily make a teriake version, or a sweet buffalo version. The recipe as listed is absolutely excellent, REALLY spicy, and great with ranch or blue cheese for dipping! Thank you!
- 1 (16 ounce) package seitan (cut into wing sized pieces) or 1 (16 ounce) package Quorn tenders
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 3 ounces louisiana hot sauce
- 2 ounces habanero sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dried Italian salad dressing mix
Reduction Sauce (use excess marinade)
- 1⁄2 ounce of louisianna hot sauce
- 1⁄2 ounce habanero sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Place seitan pieces and melted margarine in large, ziplock, freezer bag with rest of ingredients and shake well.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take seitan out of excess sauce(Save excess sauce for reduction sauce) and put pieces on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes on 350 (turn them mid-way through).
- Reduction Sauce:.
- Melt margarine in sautee pan and add excess marinade.
- Add the 1/2 ounce of both habanero and Louisiana hotsauce, incorporate.
- Stir in brown sugar and minced onions.
- Once the sauce becomes syrupy either remove from heat and serve on the side of the hotwings, or add hotwings to the pan, stir everything together, and serve the wings pre-sauced.