Barb Gertz's Note:
Quick to prepare, this Asian-style noodle soup has everything needed to make it a one-pot meal. We've used canned broth but if you have homemade, it could only make a good thing much better. To punch up the heat, add a dab of chile-garlic sauce. Note: Chinese wheat noodles and rice sticks (dried rice noddles) are quick cooking and can be found in the Asian food section of your supermarket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 1/4 cups vegetable broth or 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 slices fresh ginger, peeled (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 3/4 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (4-ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 1/2 ounces Chinese wheat noodles (see note) or 3 1/2 ounces rice noodles (see note)
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained, patted dry, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup grated carrot (2 large)
- 4 -6 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1Combine broth, ginger, and garlic in a Dutch oven; bring to a simmer; simmer, partially covered, over medium-low heat 15 minutes, discard the ginger and garlic.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and crushed red pepper stirring often, until tender,3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the bok choy stems; cook stirring often, until tender 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms, bok choy stems mixture to the broth; add noodles,reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 5Add Bok choy greens and tofu; simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in carrots, vingar to taste, soy sauce and sesame oil; serve garnished with scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Hot Pot
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese wheat noodles