Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a vegetarian version of Chinese hot and sour soup. It warms you up on a cold day! For more healthy gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.InnerHarmonyNutrition.com.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 5 ounces bamboo shoots, sliced (8 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 8 ounces tofu, diced
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 egg
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and sauté carrot, bamboo shoot, and shiitake mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, water, tamari, vinegar, chili paste, and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add tofu and bring to boil.
- In a small bowl, dissolve potato starch in 2 Tbsp of water. Reduce heat and add it to the soup. Mix the soup.
- Beat an egg and slowly drizzle the egg in a soup. Remove from heat.
- Infuse love into the soup and serve!