Recipe by evaslevine
A quick and easy recipe for a hearty, savory vegetarian stuffing. Great for holiday potlucks!
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 9 ounces vegetarian sausages, crumbled
- 7 ounces herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine wild rice and 1c water. Bring to a boil, stir once, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 min or until soft. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat vegetable oil. Saute onion, celery and vegetarian sausage until onion is translucent.
- Add I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in parsley until well blended.
- Add 3 c water, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in Stuffing Mix and wild rice.