Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this in a book called "The Higher Taste" but I have not attempted to cook them. I just figured vegetarians would appreciate some yummy recipes.
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (105 F.)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon hing
- In large bowl, add yeast to water and let sit for 30 seconds. Add melted butter, spices, buttermilk, salt and sugar.
- Gradually stir in flour and knead for 8 minutes. If too wet, add a little more flour.
- Grease large bowl with a little butter and add dough. Cover and let rise in warm kitchen area until doubled in bulk (approx. 45 minutes). Fold dough over, punch down, and knead for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin pans.
- Make 36 small balls about 1" each. Fill greased muffin tins w/ 3 balls each. They will look like a cloverleaf.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot w/ butter.
This was so good. I reall yloved this one. For the basil I used dried variety because I already had that on hand.