Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tons of flavor and very low calorie. A vegetarian's dream.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325* F (165* C) Veggies should be bite-sized- no big chunks!
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add squash, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Saute until the veggies are soft.
- Add tomatoes with juice.
- Season with basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a glass baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.
I didn't care for this one much. It kind of turned out mushy. I didn't mind eating it cause I love veggies but my daughter didn't particularly like it.