Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Ohh, no more having to order in or dine out. Making this at home is so easy and vegetarian! You would never know either! Yum!
- 2⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy ham (finely diced)
- 6 cups cooked brown rice or 6 cups cooked white rice
- 3 -4 sliced green onions
- 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning
- Get out a large skillet or wok.
- On high heat, stir fry the celery, carrots, mushrooms and onion in oil, about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the vegetarian "ham"; stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in soy sauce, seasoning and green onions.
- Continue stir frying until hot--approximately 4 minutes.
- You may serve with other side dishes such as the Teriyaki veggies I will post.
- Or eat alone, it is really good!
Yum! I made some substitutions. Didn't have mushrooms, celery or ham, so used two carrots instead of one ("shredded" them by just making lots of thin peels with my veggie peeler tool). Used a can of pinapple chunks as well. Made a perfect side dish for crock pot chicken made with soy sauce and honey. I would make this again!
Made this for a luau party today along with Easy Hawaiian Chicken Wings by Dancer. Had to pay special attention to our vegetarian friends and this really fit the bill. It was fantastic to say the least!!! Could not find the soy ham, but added some pineapple and upped the vegetarian seasoning just a little to compensate for the taste. A definite hit with everyone!! Great job, Ocean-Ivy.