Rachel Marie's Note:
This dish is full of flavor! It's one of my Mom's recipes and is frequently requested at church and family pot-lucks. If you haven't tried vegetarian food, give it a try, you just might like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) cans vegetarian chicken substitute (or FriChik)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- green onions (optional) or black olives (optional)
- 1Pour 1 can enchilada sauce into a 9 x 13-inch glass pan, to cover bottom.
- 2Tear "chicken" into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Add 1 can enchilada sauce, diced green chilies, sour cream, 1/2 bag cheese and taco seasoning.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Divide mixture evenly throughout 10 tortilla shells.
- 6Wrap tightly and place side-by-side in glass pan.
- 7Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas.
- 8Top with cheese and if desired sliced green onions and black olives.
- 9Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes, or until cheese begins to turn golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Green-Chili "chicken" Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 776.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken substitute