Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the local paper a few years ago and have been making it ever since. I prefer this vegetarian version over the traditional recipe which normally includes pork. It is wonderful over burritos, eggs or even plain with tortillas.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter or margarine.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is re-hydtrated.
- Add flour and stir to make a roux.
- Add tomatoes, green chili, salt and cilantro.
- Add water (enough to make a nice gravy).
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- This can also be made in a crock pot.
This was delicious. I have been meaning to make veggie green chili for years and just finally thought to search on Recipezaar. What a great recipe!