I found this recipe in the local paper a few years ago and have been making it ever since. I prefer this vegetarian version over the traditional recipe which normally includes pork. It is wonderful over burritos, eggs or even plain with tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large sauce pan, melt butter or margarine.
- 2Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is re-hydtrated.
- 3Add flour and stir to make a roux.
- 4Add tomatoes, green chili, salt and cilantro.
- 5Add water (enough to make a nice gravy).
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7This can also be made in a crock pot.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Green Chili
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 536.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g