Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The best Vegetarian Gluten Free Gravy I have ever made. After trying many recipes I came up with this one. We love it you can also make it a chicken gravy just change the Better Than Bouillon, No Beef Base to No Chicken Base. Enjoy!!!
- Better Than Bouillon No Beef Base broth stir in 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon, No Beef Base into 1 cup hot water. set aside.
- Whisk the butter and flour together over low heat in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes until the flour is golden brown.
- Add the water and Better Than Bouillon No Beef Base broth, Bragg liquid aminos, and pepper and 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon, No Beef Base. Bring to a boil while whisking often to keep it smooth.
- Lower heat and simmer a minute or so.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp water and stir well to get rid of lumps. Whisking gravy briskly, pour into saucepan. Continue whisking until gravy returns to a boil and has thickened.
My husband says "Wow, this tastes just like KFC's gravy" and indeed it does...it is delicious! We made it vegan by using Earth Balance. Also, we used whole wheat flour. Thanks for the great recipe; it's a keeper!