Top Review by OwlMonkey
fantastic recipe! I've made additions according to my own personal taste but it works as a great basis. I put in a lot more flour which helps it thicken up quicker. I use the ratio of 2 cups milk (broth added) to 1/4 c flour. I also threw in a few morningstar farms fake sausage patties and chopped them up. The last ingredient I can't stress enough: Sage, about 2 tablespoons full. I wouldn't make it any other way.
- small onion
- 4 -5 mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- to taste butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- to taste cream or to taste milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute small onions and 4-5 mushrooms and 1 clove garlic in butter (or just heat up some butter if you want it plain.. I like onions)
- When they soft, add about 2 Tbsp flour and mix it around until it is absorbed.
- Pour on 1-1.5 cups vegetable broth and stir.
- When that starts to warm up, pour a cup or less of cream or milk in and stir.
- Let boil stirring a lot in the beginning to keep it from lumping.
- and voila! The amount of flour is kinda if-y.
- I like it thick, and usually end up adding more flour later on in the process to make it thicker.