1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Goulash
Miss good goulash and don't want the meat? Try this recipe adapted from Allrecipes! I have tweeked it and added a few things. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup veggie crumbles (or veggie steak strips)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika is wonderful!)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, chopped, reserve juice
- 1/2 cup red wine (may use grape juice or veg. broth and a tsp. red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Saute the onion, celery and mushrooms 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- 3Mix in the green pepper and veggie crumbles, and saute 5 minutes more, until the pepper is tender. Mix in the garlic and paprika.
- 4Stir the tomatoes with their juice into the skillet. Mix in the wine, oregano, caraway seeds and tomato puree. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes, until thickened.
- 5Just before serving, stir in the sugar, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve with egg noodles or rice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: