1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Gluten-Free Meat Loaf Comfort Food
After many trials and errors, trying to produce a vegetarian meat loaf I've finally succeeded. I'm also gluten free which makes producing a no meat loaf even harder. This recipe does require eggs which makes it vegetarian instead of vegan. I still haven't figured out the vegan and gluten-free meat loaf thing. If you're looking for comfort food this is yummy! Enjoy!
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, dry
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (for tops of mini loaves)
- 1Saute onion, carrot, celery until translucent about 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and saute about 3 or 4 more minutes. Set aside and cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4Drain and rinse the chickpeas; place in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- 5Add cooled onion mixture, soy sauce, pecans, eggs, basil, oregano, and sage to the mashed chickpeas.
- 6Mix together thoroughly.
- 7Make sure your mini loaf pan is well oiled.
- 8Divide the mixture into four loafs.
- 9Add a light layer of ketchup to the top of the loaves.
- 10Cover with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover and add a little more ketchup to the tops.
- 12Bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Gluten-Free Meat Loaf Comfort Food
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 1043.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g