Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim the root ends and tops from the carrots and turnips.
- Do not trim the root ends of the beets.
- Trim the tops to 1/2 inch.
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl and add the olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Turn to mix well.
- Transfer the vegetables to a shallow baking dish and roast for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
Great fall side dish! I used red potatoes and baby Chiogga (sp?) beets, which are pink and white striped. I forgot to get the baby turnips at the farmers market, but will try them next time, because I will be making this again. I added a quartered onion and a sliced shallot instead. It is a really easy recipe. Thanks for posting it!