Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really good one dish meal and is popular in Singapore.
- 400 g dried rice vermicelli (beehoon)
- 500 g bean sprouts
- 25 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked till soft and sliced thinly
- 150 g shredded carrots
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Soften vermicelli in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok and add shredded mushrooms and carrots and stir-fry until fragrant. Add bean sprouts, soy sauce and chicken stock. Stir evenly then braise over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add vermicelli. Cook until water is absorbed. Season with salt and add in spring onion. Stir continuously or vermicelli will stick to wok.
- Use a large pair of chopsticks to toss the vermicelli, so as not to risk breaking it up and making it mush.
- You can always add whatever you want into this dish, it is very very versatile.
Good recipe... I'm just not sure if I'm a fan of rice vermicelli. When I try this again I may try a different noodle & see how that works. Otherwise, I enjoyed the mixture & the flavours, thanks for sharing.