This fried rice is super tasty and so much healthier than what you buy at most restaurants. All the veggies make it very colorful. I got this from a magazine, not sure which one.
- 3 large eggs
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons of water. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium high heat and scramble eggs. Transfer eggs to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean and add oil. Heat over medium high heat, add garlic and ginger, and cook 30 seconds. Add broccoli, carrots, celery and pepper, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and squash, cook 2 more minutes. Stir in broth, soy sauce and simmer 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in brown rice, green onions and eggs. Reduce heat and warm through, about 5 minutes.