Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple rice noodle dish. It is my family's absolute favourite. It was given to me by a Malaysian friend. I use fresh flat rice noodles from the Asian supermarket. You can use the dried rice noodle but it needs to be soaked in water until soft (about 15 minutes or so). If you like spicy you can add chopped chilli to the garlic/ginger fry up.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 500 g fresh flat rice noodles (kway tweo)
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 150 g chinese chives (ku chai)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- For the sauce mix all ingredients together.
- Heat oil in wok over a low heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and chives. Stir to release fragrance.
- Add noodles stirring to breakup and heat through.
- Turn up the heat a little and add the sauce and bean sprouts.
- Keep tossing and stirring and the noodles become very soft.