1/2 Photos of Vegetarian Fresh Spring Rolls
A cleansing mouthful of fresh vegetables that makes a delectable appetizer or a fine addition to asian-influenced meals. Cook time is refrigeration time. Altered from original in Healthy Weeknight Meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 -3 julienned green onions
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package dried bean thread noodles
- 16 rice paper, rounds softened (8-inch, see note)
- 1/8 cup slivered fresh Thai basil or 1/8 cup mint
- 1In a large bowl, combine the carrots, green onions, cabbage, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper: toss well.
- 2Let marinate at room temp for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Meanwhile, place the noodles in a medium bowl.
- 4Cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, or until the noodles are softened.
- 5Drain well and snip into 2-inch pieces.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Place about 2 Tablespoons of the noodles and about 2 Tablespoons of the vegetable mixture about 1-inch from the lower edge of each rice paper round.
- 8Sprinkle with basil/mint leaves.
- 9Fold the bottom edge over the filling; fold in both sides and roll up tightly.
- 10Press to seal.
- 11Place on a plate seam side down; cover with plastic wrap.
- 12Refrigerate for 10 minutes (you may also make these ahead of time and refrigerate for several hours).
- 13Two quick sauces (or use hoisin, hot mustard, etc): In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- 14In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, hot sesame oil, garlic and sugar.
- 15Serve as a dipping sauce with the spring rolls.
- 16NOTE: To soften the rice-paper rounds before rolling them, fill a large bowl with warm water.
- 17Dip each rice-paper round into the water for 10 seconds, or until softened and transluceent.
- 18Remove and let drain on a clean dish towel.
- 19Do not stack the rice papers; they will stick together.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Fresh Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: