Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sounds like a great garnish for franks, burgers or steaks.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lager beer
- salt and pepper
- 4 vegetarian frankfurters (or your favorite)
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onions for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- 2.Add lager, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes, until lager has formed a thick sauce.
- 3.Reduce heat to low. Push mushrooms and onions to one side of the skillet. Add franks and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes or so, until warmed through.