1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Five Spice Tofu Stir-Fry
This is my all time favorite stir-fry. It has such a yummy flavor and it tastes just as good as some Chinese foods I've had at restaurants. You'll love this one, i guarantee it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium tofu, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 head bok choy, chopped (around 1 pound)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1In bowl, whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- 2Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes, toss with 5 spice powder. In wok or skillet, heat half of the oil over medium high. Stir-fry tofu for 4 minutes (or until golden). Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- 3Heat remaining oil over medium high heat, stir-fry garlic and hot pepper flakes for 30 seconds.
- 4Add bok choy and mushrooms, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in tofu and broth mixture, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened and vegetables are softened (around three minutes). Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Five Spice Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 521.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: