Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This filling is delicious! It's also great served on rice!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (we prefer a hot one)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (splenda can be used)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium yellow squash, julienned
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen, canned can be used)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 fat free tortillas
- In a large bowl combine olive oil (1/4 cup), vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper and sugar.
- To the marinade add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil (2 tbls) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain the vegetables and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas and your favorite salsa!
This is SO good! Fairly easy and fast to prepare...great way to get the family to eat vegetables! I also add about 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Great on tortillas, even better on homemade tortillas. I think it would also be perfect on lime-cilantro rice.
Very tasty! I added a little cumin after stirring in the beans--great flavor and super quick. Nice!