katie in the UP's Note:
This filling is delicious! It's also great served on rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (we prefer a hot one)
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (splenda can be used)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium yellow squash, julienned
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen, canned can be used)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 fat free tortillas
- 1In a large bowl combine olive oil (1/4 cup), vinegar, oregano, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, pepper and sugar.
- 2To the marinade add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 3Heat oil (2 tbls) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Drain the vegetables and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in the corn and beans; increase the heat to high and saute for 5 more minutes.
- 6Serve with warmed tortillas and your favorite salsa!
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free tortillas