Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Out of the Quick and Easy Vietnamese Cook Book.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple chunk (fresh or canned)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce, or (chopped fresh hot chilies, dried red chili flakes, or other hot sauce)
- Combine all ingredients in a mini food processor or a blender until smooth. Serve in small bowls at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Made this to serve as a drizzle over larb - super easy to do and very tasty. The recipe calls for pineapple twice, but I think it must mean only once? Any way, I used 1/4 cup measure of pineapple chunks and it was lovely.