Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful alternative to classic enchiladas for the vegetarian! This recipe originated from my fiancee's mother, but I added my own twist!
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 lb mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup beans (already cooked)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoons margarine when warm. Add 2 cups sliced mushrooms. Stir mushrooms until tender and soft. Pour in a bowl for enchiladas.
- Pour contents of canned refried beans and 1 cup beans (already cooked) in a bowl, and mix well. Add 1 teaspoons ground cumin to the mixture, and stir.
- Layer mushrooms, bean mixture, 2 teaspoons salsa, and a handful of shredded cheese in each enchilada.
- Fold burrito-style. (Fold short ends in, fold over one side, and roll over).
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all 6 enchiladas.
- Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit until cheese is melted.
1 word.. DELICIOUS! I made this recipe tonight for supper and it is so quick and easy, and YUMMY!! I served it topped with jalapenos and a side of guacamole salad (lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and diced tomatoes) and it made for a completely satisfying meal. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I will be making this again!!